Friday, May 23, 2008

Some thoughts from last night...

I love seminars. I love learning and growing. I think a great career for me would be as a full-time seminar attendee!! The truth is, many concepts and ideas are not new...I've heard them before. But it's always a good idea to hear a different spin...a different take on the information.

Last night I had the privilege of hearing a gentleman by the name of Mike Zundel. Mr. Zundel has spoken and trained in probably every major city in North America. And after hearing him, I can see why those who have worked with him speak so highly of him! He's entertaining, a well of knowledge and experience, and truly an engaging speaker! He spoke at length on the power of choice...something I feel very strongly about! Everything in life is a choice, and we either choose for ourselves or we defer to someone else and let them choose for us. Down one of those roads is our personal freedom; down the other...not so much!!

I think my favorite thing he said was this: While inspiration comes from the outside-in, motivation has to come from the INSIDE-OUT. Now think about that for a minute...how often have you looked to others for motivation? How often have you struggled in your projects or your business, and then deferred to others because you thought they should be doing more to help you? I know I've done that...far too many times!! So I guess I didn't really understand the essence of motivation...and how that's completely, 100% UP TO ME. Hmmm...

Sometimes, taking responsibility for one's results (or lack of!), is a truly uncomfortable thing to do! But think of how empowering it is...if it's up to me, then I can choose to be as successful as I want to be, no matter what anyone else says, thinks or does. That, to me, is truly GREAT NEWS!!

Be your own motivation, and create your own success!

No comments: